A scheme of modernisation of the East Wing, carried out in 1949 to 1954, enabled the adaptation of these rooms to every kind of social or charitable occasion, whether Club or private.
Development carried out between 1989 and 1992 included the rebuilding of the conservatory on the original site of Byfield’s 1798 conservatory; new bars in the west end of the Clubhouse and a modern fitness centre with a half-size Olympic indoor pool, gymnasium and other facilities.
An initial phase of development within the grounds yard took place in 1999 and a new ladies dry change facility was also introduced. Work initiated in 1999 saw the completion in 2001 of a new gymnasium and maintenance area, together with a rebuilt and extended Harness Room kitchen and servery.
2002 introduced covered tennis courts and saw preparations for the reconstruction of the East Wing, with 2003 bearing the brunt of the work. The new events facilities, bowls and croquet locker rooms, and staff offices, within the newly developed East Wing, were unveiled in the spring of 2004.
The younger members benefited in 2008 from an all-weather multi-use sports pitch and improvements in the surrounding play ground, and a new main reception was also completed in the Clubhouse. The second phase of improvements for the grounds yard was also accomplished.