- ABOUT US
The Club Website is provided by The Hurlingham Club, a not-for-profit organisation, whose address is The Hurlingham Club, Ranelagh Gardens, London SW6 3PR, England.
- ABOUT THE CLUB WEBSITE
(a) The Club Website provides information about The Hurlingham Club and its activities, and other information that may be of interest to you.(b) Certain pages of the Club Website may be accessed only by members of The Hurlingham Club who have been issued with a User Name and Password in order to log-in.
- AVAILABILITY OF THE CLUB WEBSITE
(a) We reserve the right to suspend the Club Website at any time for operational, regulatory, legal or other reasons.(b) We may terminate your use of the Club Website with immediate effect if you breach any of these Terms.(c) We cannot guarantee that the Club Website will be available at all times without interruption. Although we make reasonable attempts to ensure that the server that makes the Club Website available is bug and virus free, we cannot provide any guarantee in this respect.
- USE OF THE CLUB WEBSITE
(a) You may access and use the Club Website solely for your own personal purposes.(b) You must not use any content of the Club Website for any commercial or illegal purpose.(c) Users of the Club Website are prohibited from transmitting to the Club Website any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, pornographic or other material that would violate any law.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS(a) The Club Website and its contents are protected by intellectual property rights, including copyright. All rights in such content are reserved by us.(b) Except as expressly permitted by these Terms, you may not copy, disseminate or download any content of the Club Website.
- OUR LIABILITY(a) We do not guarantee that the Club Website will meet your expectations or requirements, or that the information on it will be up to date. If your computer equipment does not support the technology used on the Club Website, you may not be able to use certain services or access certain information on the Club Website.(b) The Club Website is accessed via the World Wide Web, which is independent of us. Your use of the World Wide Web is solely at your own risk and subject to all applicable national and international laws and regulations. We do not represent that the Club Website is appropriate or available for use in any jurisdiction other than the United Kingdom.(c) The content on the Club Website has been compiled from a variety of sources, and is subject to change without notice. We have taken reasonable care in compiling and presenting the content of the Club Website to ensure that the information supplied on the Club Website is accurate. However, we cannot guarantee that all information will be free from errors, omissions or inaccuracies.
(d) We will not under any circumstances be liable for any unforeseeable loss or any business loss, including loss of profit, which results from your use of, or your inability to use, the Club Website.
(e) Nothing contained in these Terms is intended to limit or exclude liability for death or personal injury arising from negligence, or for fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability which may not be excluded by any applicable laws.
- GENERAL(a) These Terms and the relationship between you and us will be governed by English law. Any dispute will be decided by the English courts.(b) We reserve the right to change any of these Terms from time to time without prior notice. Any change will become effective immediately upon posting to the Club Website. By continuing to use the Club Website, you will be deemed to accept any such change.
- FURTHER INFORMATIONIf you have any queries or complaints regarding the Club Website, please contact us at the postal or email address given in the Contact Us page on the Club Website.
- DATA PROTECTION(a) The Hurlingham Club is committed to preserving the privacy of all visitors to the Club Website. Whether you are a first time visitor to the Club Website or a regular user, The Hurlingham Club takes your privacy seriously.(b) We take reasonable care to comply with the requirements of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”) relating to the personal information you supply on the Club Website.(c) For the purpose of the Act, the data controller is The Hurlingham Club, of Ranelagh Gardens, London SW6 3PR, England.
- INFORMATION THAT THE HURLINGHAM CLUB COLLECTS FROM YOU(a) The Hurlingham Club collects personal information from members of The Hurlingham Club who register with the Club Website. This includes your name, e-mail address and membership Number.(b) Instructions on how to register for member access to the Club Website may be obtained from email@example.com. Non-members cannot register.(c) In other cases, no personally identifiable information will be collected from you, unless you contact The Hurlingham Club.
(d) If any of the information you have submitted to the Club Website about you changes, please contact The Hurlingham Club’s Website Administrator firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION(a) The Hurlingham Club uses the information we collect from registered members in order to provide you with access to all parts of the Club Website, to communicate with you with respect to User Name and Password changes specific to the Club Website, and for other Club communications.(b) Your personal information will only be used by The Hurlingham Club for purposes consistent with the aims of the Hurlingham Club.(c) Personal information obtained from users of the Club Website (whether members or not) who contact The Hurlingham Club will only be used for the purposes of communicating with them about the subject on which they have contacted The Hurlingham Club.
- SECURITY(a) The Club Website uses a security system that protects your information from unauthorised use. However, as no data transmissions over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, we cannot take responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.(b) Please remember that other methods of internet communication, such as emails and messages sent via a website, are not secure unless they are encrypted. We take no responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
(d) You can disable cookies by turning them off on your web browser. Most browsers are defaulted to accept and maintain cookies and you can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it or not. You can opt out of contributing information to Google’s demographic and interest reporting in Google Analytics, and customise the way Google displays personalised adverts, by updating your Google Ads Settings. You can opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics altogether by using the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. For further information on how to disable cookies, please refer to www.about-cookies.org. However, you should bear in mind that if you exercise this option, the performance of the Club Website may not be optimal.
(e) The Hurlingham Club Website does not use Web Beacons.
(f) With or without cookies, the Club Website keeps track of usage data, such as the source address from which the page request is coming (i.e. your IP address, domain name), the date and time of the page request, the referring website (if any) and other parameters in the URL (eg search criteria). The Hurlingham Club uses this data to understand better Club Website usage so that The Hurlingham Club knows what areas of the Club Website users prefer. This information is stored in log files and is used for aggregated and statistical reporting but is not attributed to you as an individual. To find out further information, please email@example.com
Name Expires Description PHPSESSID Date not set This is an essential CMS cookie required for the operation of the website and under the legislation is an ‘essential’ cookie that doesn’t require user consent _utma 2 years from set/update This cookie is used to determine unique visitors to your site and it is updated with each page view _utmb 30 mins from set/update This cookie is used to establish and continue a user session with your site _utmc Not set This cookie is no longer used by the ga.js tracking code to determine session status _utmz 6 months from initial set date This cookie stores the type of referral used by the visitor to reach your site, whether via a direct method, a referring link, a website search, or a campaign such as an ad or an email link
- WHAT INFORMATION DOES THE HURLINGHAM CLUB SHARE?The Hurlingham Club does not share any information other than in compliance with the law. The Hurlingham Club will release personal information when The Hurlingham Club is required so to do by law or by any regulations and other rules (including auditing requirements) to which The Hurlingham Club is subject.
- YOUR RIGHTSYou have the right to ask for a copy of the information held by The Hurlingham Club in the Club Website’s records. You have the right also to require The Hurlingham Club to correct any inaccuracies in your information. Contact The Hurlingham Club’s Website Administrator (+44 (0)20 7751 8871 or firstname.lastname@example.org) for further details.
- INFORMATIONIf you have any queries concerning your personal information or any questions on The Hurlingham Club’s use of the information, please contact The Hurlingham Club’s Website Administrator (+44 (0)20 7751 8871 or email@example.com).
We are committed to ensuring that hurlinghamclub.org.uk is equally accessible to everyone.
hurlinghamclub.org.uk hs been designed to accommodate most popular browsers and devices.
SOME TIPS TO MAKE VIEWING hurlinghamclub.org.uk EASIER
- MAKING TEXT LARGERText on hurlinghamclub.org.uk has a relative font size and can be resized to suit your needs using your browser.
- MAGNIFYING THE SCREENRecent versions of Windows include magnification software that can help some people more easily read text on the screen.
- MAING YOUR MOUSE POINTER EASIER TO SEEOn may operating systems you can make your mouse larger. On some operating systems you can also add trails or even use a locating feature (on Windows).
- CHANGING YOUR COLOURSAcross many browsers, (including Firefox, Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Netscape and Opera) you can change the background colour of your screen to make viewing easier.
- MAKING YOUR MOUSE EASIER TO USETher are various options you can choose to make your mouse easer to use, eg make it left handed, speed up or slow down the mouse pointer, making the mouse pointer larger, etc.
- MAKING YOUR KEYBOARD EASIER TO USEYou can change the sensitivity of your keyboard, use StickyKeys or use other features like Autocorrect or Autotext.
If you have any comments regarding the accessiblity of hurlinghamclub.org.uk please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.